| :: God's Way To Heaven
I. GOD LOVES YOU and desires that you:
- Have eternal life with Him. John 3:16 "For
God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
- Have an abundant and meaningful life. John 10:10: Jesus is speaking, "... I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly."
But most people aren't experiencing a meaningful life and aren't sure that they have eternal life because...
II. Man has a SIN problem which SEPARATES him from GOD.
- Every one has sinned. Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
- The penalty for sin is DEATH. Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death...." The Bible talks about two kinds of
death. The first death is physical. The second death is spiritual or
eternal separation from God. Revelation 21:8 "But for the cowardly and
unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and
sorcerers and idolaters and ALL LIARS, their part will be in the lake
that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the Second Death."
Since sin separates man from God, what is the solution to his problem?
III. JESUS CHRIST is God's ONLY way to heaven.
- He is the ONLY way. In John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me."
- He COMPLETELY PAID the penalty of your sins. 1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God..."
- His resurrection proves that He is the Son of God, the Messiah, the only Savior.
Romans 1:3-4 "concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David
according to the flesh, who was declared the Son of God with power by
the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness,
Jesus Christ (i.e. Messiah) our Lord"
- He promises Eternal Life. Jesus Himself
said in John 11:25-26, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who
believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and
believes in Me shall never die..."
Merely knowing about what Jesus Christ has done for us is not enough.
IV. We must place our FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST to save us.
- You are saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and
that not of yourselves, it is the GIFT OF GOD; not as a result of
works, that no one should boast." To be saved by faith means to TRUST
IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE to save you. Good works are not the means to
salvation; rather they are the evidences or by-products of your
- Show your faith in Jesus Christ by accepting His gift of eternal life.
Revelation 3:20, Jesus is speaking: "'Behold, I stand at the door and
knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to
him, and will dine with him, and he with Me.’" Jesus says that He will
come into your heart if you invite Him in. That is His promise to you
and He will always keep His promise!
- Prove the sincerity of your faith by turning away from a life of sin.
Acts 26: 20 "I preached that they should repent and turn to God and
prove their repentance by their deeds." A person who genuinely asks for
forgiveness will seek to change his ways. God knows we are not perfect
but the sincerity of our faith will move us to live lives that show our
gratitude to God for His free gift of heaven.
You can pray this simple prayer to express your
faith in Jesus Christ and receive Him into your heart as your Lord and
Savior. You only have to pray this prayer once but with sincerity
because when He enters your life, he will never leave you.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I need You. I confess
that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross to pay for all
my sins. With your help, I will turn away from all my sins. Please come
into my life and be my Lord and Savior. I accept your free gift of
eternal life. Make me the kind of person you want me to be. Thank you
for coming into my life and giving me eternal life. Amen.
To know more about your new life in Christ, attend one of the our Bible Studies or join a Small Group or Contact Us if you have any questions or problems.